Year 9 SLAT (Student Led Academic Tutorial) & Progress and Choices Evening
It’s our Year 9 Student Led Academic Tutorial & Progress and Choices Evening on Monday 21st January 2019.
You will need to book your appointment, which will last 1 hour, through our online booking system. This can be achieved via the instructions below. Please ensure that you have made your bookings by Monday 14th January 2019.
Booking your Appointments
- Follow the link below, which will take you to the booking system:
- Enter your name and your daughter’s details and choose ‘Login & Continue’
- Select ‘Year 9 SLAT & Progress and Choices Evening’
- Your daughter’s Learning Coach will then be displayed for confirmation
- Select ‘Continue to Book Appointment’
- Select the time you wish to see your daughter’s Learning Coach. Follow the instructions on screen to save your appointments and get the appointment times emailed or printed
More about the Evening
Please be aware that the overall evening will last 1 hour and you should arrive 30 minutes before your appointment with your daughters Learning Coach.
During the evening you will have:
- A 15 Minute presentation from Mrs Hole, Headteacher and Mr Mycock, Assistant Headteacher, explaining the options process
- The opportunity to ask questions of Heads of Faculty and faculty teaching staff who will be available to discuss the requirements for each course. You and your daughter will be able to find out about the way that the subjects are examined, how much controlled assessment is involved and the skills that will be taught. You will be able to discuss the courses on offer with the subject teachers and have the opportunity to ask lots of questions. This will be invaluable in helping to choose the right options
- A 30 minute Student Led Academic Tutorial with Learning Coach, where your daughter will make her final options choices
Your daughter will be given an Options Booklet with lots of useful information prior to this, so that you have time to discuss her option choices before coming to the Progress and Choices Evening.
We would like to thank the students for their keen interest and sensible approach to the options process. All students should be working hard to achieve their very best.
If you have issues with booking your appointment online, please contact your daughters’s House office.
If you have any questions or concerns, then Senior Staff will be available on the evening in the Dining Room.