Giving Students a Values-based Education
We are pleased to announce that we have achieved the ‘Values Quality Mark’, a certification for schools who effectively provide a values-based education, which now qualifies us as a hub school in this area of practice.
Dr Neil Hawkes (founder of Values-based Education) spent a day in the school observing the life and work of the school. At the end of the audit Dr Neil Hawkes stated:
“In my view Whalley Range 11-18 High School is an outstanding values based school.”
The audit confirmed that the school had done a lot of positive work in providing a values-based education for our students, including:
- The school embeds Cooperative and British Values within all aspects of the curriculum.
- Students report that they appreciate learning about values and see the relevance of them for both their personal and academic development.
- Behaviour is outstanding.
- School routines ensure a harmonious ethos.
- Safeguarding and students safety is a priority in the school. Each students is valued for who they are.
- Display is of a high quality throughout the school.
- Assemblies are engaging and meaningful.
- The school gives a sense of meaning and purpose to its students and inspires and empowers them.
- The school’s environment is calm, happy and purposeful.
- The pupils are relaxed, happy, focussed and alert and they gain from an excellent standard of teaching.