We would like to congratulate our students on their results and thank all of the staff for their hard work in supporting our students’ achievement.
Sixth Form Results
We are absolutely thrilled with the Sixth Form results this year and we would like to congratulate the students on their fantastic performance. These results would not have been achieved without the hard work and dedication from the staff in supporting the students through their courses.
- At A level the pass rate has increased from 95% to 97.2%. The A*-A grades percentage has maintained at 14% and the A*-B pass rate again was maintained at 36%. Five A* grades were achieved in English Language, Persian, Psychology, Sociology and Urdu
- At AS level there has been a significant increase in the pass rate from 77% in 2014 to 90% in 2015. The A-B pass rate has increased from 27.4% to 31.1%. The A-C pass rate has increased from 44% to 63.9%
- The Level 3 Vocational pass rate at 99.4 % is excellent and when this is combined with the A level the overall pass rate is 98%, which is up on last year’s pass rate of 96%. The A*-B pass rate increased from 39.8% to 44.2% on the vocational courses
- The average progress made by students in GCSE English was 0.20 and this was 0.38 above national average progress (-0.18)
- The average progress made by students in GCSE Maths was 0.71 and this was 1.0 above national average progress (-0.29)
There have been many significant changes to the examination system again this year. This has resulted nationally in volatility in results with changes to grade boundaries, particularly in English and Maths.
We would like to wish all our class of 2015 students the very best of luck for the future and success on the course that they choose to move onto next year.
- A*- C in English and Maths GCSE are in-line with the national averages for these subjects. This shows our students are making very good progress. Also, the value added scores are showing students making excellent progress over the best 8 subjects including English and Maths.
- 37 students achieved 5 or more A*-A grades with a significant amount of these students achieving 8 or more A*-A grades
- Percentage of pupils who achieved a C or above in GCSEs (or equivalent) in 5 or more subjects, including English and Maths – 51.4%
- 35% of our students achieved the English Baccalaureate qualification which is above last year’s national average. This qualification includes subjects that allow students access to a wide range of top University courses
- Percentage of pupils who have achieved at least the minimum expected levels of progress in English and Maths between KS2 and KS4 – English 74% and Maths 69%
- We are also pleased that the number of our students who are achieving 5 or more A*-G grades has risen from last year to 98%